.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Welfare 

While in the midst of my super-duper-long commute (but what a pretty commute it is (driving as I do down California Highway 1 between Pacifica and Santa Cruz)) it occured to me that we have a strange form welfare going on right now. Instead of the government taking money from one group of people and giving it to a different group, we have the government taking the sons and daughters of those too poor to send their kids to college and using them in an attempt to further the interests of people who are conspicuously absent from the military. "Hey thanks for the blood of your children! Now shut the hell up while my children and I get another tax cut." Talk about redistribution.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?