.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Camera Update 

I found my teeny tiny screw drivers and a tweezer and opened up the camera. This may come as a shock to you, internets, but there are lots of tiny circuit boards inside a digital camera. What's more they're stacked up on top of each other with little connectors and very fine ribbon cables carrying signals from one board to the next. My hypothetical 'loose connector' was going to be, based on visual inspection, on one of the boards buried deep inside the circuit board sandwich. So I chickened out and put it back together. In a victory for my EE degree, it powered back up and worked just as poorly as it did before I took it apart. I hear Olympus has a nice 5 Megapixel camera coming out next month.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?