.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Did we have the same teacher? 

Short answer: No.

YW is in the first grade. His teacher is a young woman fresh out of school. In her class each week there is a Student Of The Week®. There are various privileges and responsibilites that go along with being SOTW: you get to be line leader for the whole week, you must make a poster about yourself, etc. Due to the vagaries of the alphabet, YW was the first SOTW. His teacher made a poster about herself as an inspiration for an acceptable SOTW poster. One of the details on it was that she grew up in Encinitas, CA. During my nomadic childhood (can I get a hooya! from all the military brats out there?), I lived in Encinitas for two years. I told her this and said I had gone to Ocean Knoll Elementary and Oak Crest Junior High. She also attended those schools. Insert various Small World comments here.

A month or so later it was her birthday and all the parents contributed for a present. On her birthday I asked her age. "25" she said. I did the math. While we did go to the same schools, I attended them a few years before she was born.

So, no, I don't think we had any of the same teachers.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?