.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 22, 2005

Thank you YW! 

Yesterday was my Birthday (HBTM!). About 2 weeks before my big day, YW told me that my present from him was going to be a book. But, he informed me, he didn't know which book I wanted. I said that Collapse by Jared Diamond looked very interesting. Life continued and YW never had a chance to go Birthday shopping with MLWN.

The night before my Birthday I was reading books to YW before bedtime. There was time for one more book so I plucked The Story of Ferdinand off his shelf. I told him that it was one my favorite books when I was his age. We read the story and admired the pictures and then he went to sleep on his glorious bunk bed.

In the morning I was in the kitchen getting ready for work when he got out of bed. As far as I can tell, he remembered that it was my birthday and that he hadn't gotten me a book, because when he came out to the kitchen he looked like he was about to cry when he said "Happy Birthday Dad." I said, "Thank you YW" and he whipped out from behind his back the Ferdinand book and said, "This is for you." It was one of the sweetest things he's ever done.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?