.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ignorance On Display 

OK internets, I admit it, I am ignorant. Not universally, but rather with respect to a time long ago in a galaxy far far away. In Episode I Natalie Portman played both Amidala and Padme. In Episode II she only appeared as Senator Padme. And yet there was someone who seemed to be playing the Amidala part. In Episode III she was again Padme and there was again someone else who seemed like she must be Amidala. When I first watched Episode I I got the impression that Padme just might be Amidala doing a kind of Prince and Pauper thing so she could go what life on Tatooine was like. But then when Episode II came along it seemed as if Padme had been Padme all along and Amidala receded into obscurity. So what's the deal? Are Amidala and Padme the same person? Did Lucas have another brain fart and just decide that Padme was more interesting than Amidala and write her out of the story? I'm confused, not enough to actually Google my question, but enough to write a whole post exposing my lack of Star Wars geekiness.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?