.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I did not know that 

So yesterday I screwed up. I was driving along with the boys, looked away from the road for a second and when I looked back up, the car in front of me was at a complete stop. Oops. Bam! I've read that the most common last words on cockpit voice recorders are "Oh Shit!" Those were the last words I said before impact. I did manage to get the car slowed down a bit before we hit, but we did hit hard enough for the airbags to fire. They make a lot of smoke. I did not know that. Luckily, we were all strapped in and nobody got hurt. The person in the car I hit was fine too. Yay!

I've never been 'at fault' in a car accident before. So far it's not been too bad, but I think I'm going to have to fight to keep from having the car totaled. It's a 1994 Civic and while it is drivable, at that age they're probably going to be riding the edge of its actual value to repair it. I don't want to buy another car right now.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?