.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Peaches! 

The other day I bought some peaches. They were on sale and I like peach jam. I guestimated how many I'd need for a couple batches of jam and brought them home. It turns out I am a bad guesser when it comes to peaches. Instead of ending up with a half dozen pints of jam, after running to the store for more sugar, pectin and jars, I had 15. So, including the extra I saved in a spare jar, I made 2 gallons of peach jam between 6:30 and 10 pm last night. Combine that with the 25 pints of Ollalieberry and 8 pints of strawberry that I've already made this summer, and I think I've got enough to last us for a while. But, just in case, I'll probably end up making some plum jam in a week or two.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?