.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I've Stopped Worrying 

I've decided that all my worrying is for naught. Global Warming? Nuclear Proliferation? Peak Oil? Terrorism? Over Population? No worries. The coming Avian Flu Pandemic is going to solve those problems. Is any country doing any more than hoping that the Avian Flu doesn't mutate enough to be transmitted between humans? As far as I can tell, the answer to that is no. Most especially here in the US. The idea there are only a couple of companies that can produce flu vaccines on a large scale, and one of them appears to be mostly incompetent (I'm looking at you Chiron) makes me nervous about what happens when the inevitable mutation occurs.

And that fucking dumbass in the Whitehouse thinks that it's a good idea to teach kids that God/Space Aliens created all the life on Earth. There is no hope that we'll get our collective shit together before the Great Dying begins.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?