.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Did I Just Hear That? 

I've got the local morning news on. I could swear I just heard the Reader say that the authorities in New Orleans have diverted the police from search and rescue operations to anti-looting duty. What the fuck is that about? Most of the people in the affected areas didn't evacuate before the storm/flooding because they couldn't. I would imagine that most of the looting is people who need food and water. I haven't seen or read any stories about the 'massive relief operations' bringing in food, water and other supplies. And since when are actual living people trapped in the wreckage more important than flood-damaged goods that will be written off whether or not they are looted/found by the people in the wasteland?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?