.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 09, 2005

Mixmania! The Driving Mix 

I went a bit overboard with this version of Mixmania. The theme for those of you not playing is a Driving Mix, ie, a CD that would be good to listen to on a road trip. I used to take _lots_ of long road trips getting from river to river, so I want lots of songs on a road trip. This mix fits on two CDs and, yes Jim, I sent one to you to send on to Iraq. The mix is a bit outside my usual style. I've got a couple of bands in there more than once (X/Knitters 3 times and the Rave Ups twice). And I've got consecutive Tainted Loves (Soft Cell and Me First And the Gimme Gimmes).
  1. Panama Van Halen
  2. Jenny Says Cowboy Mouth
  3. Tonite Go Go's
  4. No One Lives Forever Oingo Boingo
  5. Wild Thing (Single Edit) X
  6. Teddy Bear's Picnic Trout Fishing In America
  7. Mexico The Rave-Ups
  8. Good Better Than Ezra
  9. Volcano Girls Veruca Salt
  10. Good Morning Aztlan Los Lobos
  11. Jungle Bells Hoodoo Gurus
  12. My Love Will Not Change Del McCoury
  13. Jesus Built My Hotrod (Short, Pusillanimous, So-They-Can-Fit-More-Commercials-on-the-Radio Edit) Ministry
  14. Like An Outlaw Social Distortion
  15. The Impression That I Get The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  16. The Call Of The Wreckin' Ball X
  17. London Calling The Clash
  18. I Can't Explain The Who
  19. Bomber Bash Ry Cooder
  20. Send Me on My Way Rusted Root
  21. Gimme Three Steps Lynyrd Skynyrd
  22. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction Devo
  23. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow The Soggy Bottom Boys
  24. Rock Island Line The Knitters
  25. Maggie Campbell Dave Alvin
  26. Ring of Fire H-Blockx Vs. Dr. Ring-Ding
  27. Take Me I'm Yours Squeeze
  28. Get My Rocks Off Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show
  29. Rack My Brains Huxton Creepers
  30. Santa Monica Everclear
  31. Bikini Girls With Machine Guns The Cramps
  32. Amanda Ruth Rank And File
  33. Folsom Prison Blues Johnny Cash
  34. I Love You So The Blasters
  35. Kryptonite 3 Doors Down
  36. Drive She Said Stan Ridgway
  37. Pipeline Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
  38. Fast As You Dwight Yoakam
  39. Ways To Be Wicked Lone Justice
  40. Remember (Newman's Lovesong) The Rave-Ups
  41. Knockbacks In Halifax Weddings Parties Anything
  42. Tainted Love Me First & The Gimmie Gimmies
  43. Tainted Love Soft Cell
  44. Gone Daddy Gone Violent Femmes
  45. I Wanna Be Sedated The Offspring
  46. Honey White Morphine

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?