.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

That was uncomfortable 

So I got laid off last Friday (along with somewhere between a fifth and a quarter of the company. It's not the first time. I'm working around the house. I've tuned up the ol' resume. I've even applied for a job already. At Stanford, no less. Woo.

Yesterday, I took my signed agreement to the severance package to the former employer. While I was waiting in reception a guy who survived the purge came up and started chatting. Then he noticed that I'd signed in on the Guest Registration Book with 'N/A' in the space where one puts one's company affiliation. He got a bit red in the face, hemmed, hawed, said something to the effect of, "I did not know that." I assured him that his not knowing was OK and the conversation continued in a somewhat more constrained manner. I think he was way more weirded out about it than I was.

But this does mean that I will probably be trying to get back into the swing of blogging a bit more than I have been lately.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?