.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Waking Ned Devine 

Now it may be that I'm just getting old. But when we watched Waking Ned Devine last night on the DVD, I'm pretty sure they left something out of that was in the theatrical release. I have this recollection that somewhere near the end, maybe the very end itself, that the old woman in the wheelchair has putted out to the telephone booth and is going to drop dime on the fraud the townsfolk are perpetrating. But before she can do so, the regular parish priest, who's been off to Lourdes, gets distracted by something and runs off the road and over the cliff.

It certainly wasn't in the DVD version of the movie, but I have a semi-vivid memory of seeing that scene in the theater. Am I confabulating?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?